Teaching Assistant – Temporary (Dependant on Funding, initially to December 22)
An opportunity has arisen at Coatham for a Teaching Assistant post, this is a temporary position, in the first instance. This role is to support a KS1 child with EAL and learning/behavioural difficulties. The role would, particularly suit a multi-lingual Arabic/Kurdish, English speaker
Grade C (points 5 – 6) 10,834 – 11’050 actual
Working 20 Hours per week, term time
Coatham Primary School is a fully inclusive school with 223 pupils from a wide range of socio-economic backgrounds. We feel strongly that all children should be given the chance to succeed in a caring and positive environment and this role involves supporting learners with special educational needs (SEN) on a 1:1 basis or within small groups to enable them to reach their potential and raise attainment
A vacancy exists for someone who is;
- Has a passion to go the “extra mile” to make a difference to the lives of the children in our community.
- Has the ability to motivate and inspire pupils to learn.
- Demonstrates excellent practice and high expectations in teaching and learning.
- Has strong communication skills with children, staff and parents
- Has a Level 2 or 3, TA or equivalent qualification.
- Has experience of working with either MLD or EAL children in Primary Setting
- An enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who will bring a sense of energy and passion to the role
- Has a good level of general education – English and Maths at GCSE C or above is essential
- Can use their initiative to work independently and flexibly
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with staff and pupils
- Training within Medical administration is highly desirable
The position is term time only but it is vital that the appointed person can be flexible in terms of hours and availability and be able to work additional hours as requested.
We can offer you;
• Enthusiastic and friendly children.
• Committed, hard-working and friendly colleagues.
• A supportive Senior Leadership Team committed to providing quality continuing professional development and support.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, therefore the successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check
Closing date for applications: 27th September 2022
Short listing: 27th September 2022
Interviews will be held on 29th September 2022
Completed application forms should be returned directly to Coatham Primary School or email@example.com
Telephone number: 01642 486291 – Please contact the school if you would like to visit or find out more about the post